REACH Funding/Grant Guidelines
Project requests must be within the City of Port Hueneme and align with REACH’s mission in supporting recreation, education, arts or cultural activities, programs, and projects.
REACH’s Mission is, acting as the private-sector partner of the City of Port Hueneme, to financially support and encourage civic events and activities which contribute to a richer quality of life for Port Hueneme residents.
Eligible grantees may include private non-profits, service groups, public elementary, and secondary schools, and military organizations. Successful requests will fall within both the current eligibility guidelines and funding priority areas.
- Organizations may only submit one request a year for funding.
- REACH Board and/or committee review and decide on project funding.
REACH will not consider requests for:
- Support to individuals
- Corporate sponsorship requests
- Religious organizations unless the gift is designated to a program that is secular in nature and benefits a broad range of the community (e.g. soup kitchens and homeless shelters). Additionally, the program must have a formal mission and separate budget and staff.
- Political organizations or lobbying activity
- Labor unions
- Private foundations
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability statuses in the delivery of services and in their employment practices.